Looking Great On The Job
Each campaign and promotional activity will have a different uniform depending on the brand, type of activity and when/where it is taking place. What you need to wear will always be included in your pre-shift briefing document.
Certain items are very handy to have in your wardrobe when starting out your career in events and promotions, so it’s wise to invest in the standard uniform so you don’t have to worry about getting it wrong.
T-Shirts & Long Sleeves
- Plain t-shirts in black and white – Perfect for any unbranded promotion
- Plain long-sleeved t-shirts in black and white – Great to keep warm under a branded t-shirt in the colder months
Jeans & Trousers
- Smart black and blue jeans with no rips or tears – A staple for most promotional activities
- Smart black trousers – Often required for exhibitions and upmarket events
Hair, Make-Up & Shoes
- Make-up should be natural and minimal
- Women – Hair tidy and tied back
- Men – Clean-shaven or well-groomed beards and tidy hair
- Jewellery kept to a minimum, wedding band or chain – You may be asked to remove piercings to work on certain campaigns
- Plain black/white trainers or smart black shoes
You may be working for a brand or part of an event that requires a more formal look. A lot of what we have mentioned above can be worn alongside a smart shirt/top to get the uniform requirement perfect every time.
- Formal trousers
- Pencil skirt/office dress
- Black/white shirt or blouse
- Women – Black heels/black flats/nude or dark tights
- Men – Smart black brogues/loafers