We were tasked with promoting Rowntree’s ice lollies in Newcastle, Manchester, London, Glasgow and Leeds, with teams of staff creating a stir in busy locations through their own social media channels. Sharing photos relaxing in various locations in the sun, our staff reached over 60,000 people resulting in almost 300,000 impressions across the campaign.
Reaching thousands of consumers through a unique brand activation to get people talking about Rowntree’s Ice Lollies
One of the largest and oldest names in British confectionary, Rowntree’s have been a staple of our sweetshops for over 100 years. During Summer 2018, they wanted to make a splash in 5 major UK cities with a PR stunt taking place over 4 days of activity – focused around drawing attention both off and online by using genuine, everyday staff members instead of social influencers or models.
Trying to convey how any day can feel like a holiday when you have a Rowntree’s ice lolly in your hand, our teams hit the ground running with deck chairs, parasols and props, whatever the weather in front of busy locations and instantly recognisable landmarks. Sharing photos of their team relaxing in the sun, our staff reached over 60,000 people resulting in almost 300,000 impressions across the 4 days of activity.
Members of the public also got involved in return for a free voucher for any Rowntree’s ice lolly product or branded beach towel as a thank you for getting into #RowntreesLolliday mode with us!
What We Did
- Mobilised and fully managed teams of up to 20 staff in each target city
- Consistent Event Manager closely controlling stock and managing teams throughout in campaign vehicles
- 24/7 remote staff management outside of live hours
- Close management of social media posts and campaign tracking using web tools
- Engaged with thousands of consumers both face-to-face and online
- Storage and logistics of all campaign items
- Photography & bespoke online report