6 teams of staff in a number of locations in the South of the country set out to promote new crisp brand OddPops in parks and playgrounds near to outlets that sold OddPops (Sainsbury’s stores) to increase brand awareness and drive future sales.
Over 1 event day, our staff members worked in pairs nearby 6 different Sainsbury’s stores in the South. Their role was to visit green spaces and public parks in close proximity to the local Sainsbury’s store that stocked OddPops. They distributed crisps to families in the local parks, having conversations about the nutritional values, traffic light ratings, and different flavours as well as highlighting key allergen information before handing over the crisps.
Staff actively roamed a number of locations, finding places with a large number of families in the area, and used their local knowledge to find the busiest playgrounds. The campaign was a great success, with many families happy to chat about the brand and take samples for their children to enjoy. Nutritional values are something that parents are considering more and more when deciding what snacks to buy their children, which made this the perfect product to pitch to them.
What We Did
- Provided 6 teams of staff, including team leader and brand ambassador.
- Plotted a number of suggested distribution locations for each team to use when finding families locally.
- Provided OddPops branded t-shirts and satchel bags for all staff members.
- 24/7 staff management.
- In-depth briefing for all staff to ensure full understanding of dietary information on the brand.
- Delivery of pallets of samples to each team leader.
- Bespoke event reporting.